Tuesday 27 May 2008

official-function-phobic

It's a sickness I suffer. I despise attending official functions where good manners are required. I hate at the idea of the need to be sociable at official functions. I'm not arrogant, I'm just shy. I'm not good at starting conversations. I prefer staying in the sphere of my work without having the need to be sociable to others.

Having said that, I'm not entirely socially retarded when it comes to work. I do have my own network of people for work purposes. I just don't dig the idea of mingling around outside the sphere of work. Get what I mean?

On the other hand, thy boss is one person who is people friendly. She knows the important whos even if it is not work related. In some ways, I pressure myself to be one as for the benefit of long term, it is good to be seen and noticed.

Yesterday, I attended an event which to my opinion, being present or not would not make any difference since many still questions who is this tudung-clad-girl whose office is in the 10th floor? I still get that quizzical stare to date though I've started work since October last year. But the Boss says it is part of my official duty, hence attending it I must.

As expected, the event was a drab. The food was terrible. The company thankfully was not bad. At least I was seated amongst familiar faces and that saved my fear of having an awkward moment.

Thankfully this sort of event only comes once in a blue moon and I am spared from the sickness I suffer for many more months to come.

Official-function-phobic. Yes, its a sickness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if only the dinner was during the time you're still smitten over him kan? obviously lagi meanrik tertarik..

hehe..

shueyshoelove said...

agak lar...tapi malangnya semua itu sudah berlalu.daku tidak merasa apa-apa terhadap dia sudah..hihiih