Saturday 20 October 2007

Raya Schmya






I came across someone's blog and she commented that the Hari Raya or Eid Mubarak festive season is one which is over-rated. Over-rated may seem a wee bit harsh as I don't blame Muslims in general to do the necessary prepration in welcoming the Syawal month but I feel such preparation
must be done in moderation.

Hari Raya this year for me was nothing out of the ordinary. Due to short span of time, was only able to purchase new baju kurungs off the rack, no Raya shoes or bag. Luckily, no one appeared to be adorning the same baju kurung as mine. My theme for this Hari Raya is retro or miera would term it as "serabut".=) One thing that I am proud of this year is the fact that I was able to buy those baju kurungs with my own hard-earned money as opposed to last year.Yippy for shuey!!

2nd Syawal this year was a mixture of both happiness and sadness. Happiness due to the fact that my family and I managed to meet up with our family's house-assistant of 7 years. It was a tearful but joyful reunion.


Sadness because my Mom's cousin (equivalent to my Uncle) succumbed to a hit-and-run injury and passed away peacefully on the afternoon of 2nd Syawal. He passed away without regaining conscious from a 2 week comma. My uncle was hit by a guy on a motorbike who was on the mobile phone while my uncle was on his way back home from a nearby mosque.May his soul rest in peace. Al-Fatihah.

To my Muslim friends, i seek forgiveness for any wrongdoings which might have caused hurt to your mind, soul or both. Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir & Batin.

No comments: