Monday 5 January 2009

Party pooper

Maybe it's the age. I mean I'm turning 26 this year y'all. and that's OLD!! Just the other day some friends invited for some round of bowling to begin at 10.30 p.m to which I initially reacted, wow, dude, that's late. Knowing them, 10.30 could run to 11 and the chilling session would go on till the early hours of the morning. True enough, they stayed on for more rounds of bowling and I left much earlier. Party pooper, i am?

When I was younger, i.e. circa teenage years, I crave to be able to hang out at night with the rest of me friends only because the father and the mother was typically conventional parents who expects their children to be home no later than 7 p.m. There was an occasional slip or two but thankfully I was forgiven. I labeled my mother as paranoid for the obvious reasons. She would check up on us every now and then to remind us that we have to be home NOW!!

I guess the so-called-rebel in me has faded with the age. Now, at 25++ I try not to be back home too late (read: no later than 12 a.m.) for no other reasons but safety. It is a crazy world today and I'm not taking any chances.

Label me a party pooper or whatever. I don't really care. Thanks to the paranoid mother and father, I am sober now. And I'm not shameful to admit it. Speaking of which, counting down 4 days till the return of the mother and father from hajj. Month plus without the father and mother, the siblings survived!! woo hoo!! no bickering. no fighting. Just the 3 crazy cat ladies, with their SML (small,medium,large) cats is enough to keep them sane. heheh.

2008 left, 2009 came. I hope to be a better, reasonable, considerate person . I learned to be always thankful and blessful everyday. Here's to 2009.

2 comments:

Ummu Auni said...

baru 26..i feel i was 26, ages agooo....last saturday, i walked auni to kindergarten - i feel old already...sob sob...another 1 year before entering the 30s

shueyshoelove said...

tee hee hee.i guess everyone feels the same about an age older..=)